The national team consists of Boccia players who are among the best in the country with the potential to medal at International competitions including the Paralympic Games.
Selection to the national team is a bespoke process where athletes are always assessed and consulted with on a case-by-case basis. However there are a couple of criteria points which all athletes must fulfill, these are:
- Being a Jamaican citizen which means holding or being able to obtain a Jamaican Passport
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be eligible or already classified into a valid Paralympic Boccia Classification
- Have a care/sports assistant who accompanies them to international events. They should also be a Jamaican Citizen who can also pass a background check
- Have no spent or pending anti-doping offenses under WADA/JADCO ruling
The full requirements as well as the process of being nominated for the National Team can be found in the following document.
<Jamaican National Team Selection Criteria>